WELCOME TO SHERWOOD PARK BOWLS CLUB
Unfortunately with the effect of COVID 19 the 2020 season will be different from the normal social and competitive format.
We are however delighted that from Monday the 1st June 2020 we are able to re-open the green with a number of COVID 19 safety restrictions.
All rinks must be pre-booked with a time slot. Telephone Janet on 07985 128682.
Green available Monday-Saturday 13.30-20.30. Sunday 11.00-13.00. A 2 hour time slot must be booked with this period - YOU CANNOT JUST TURN UP AND PLAY.
Travel to the green on your own or with family members. Do not enter the club until earlier players have left.
Dress appropriately before arriving at the club. Change shoes immediately before and after the game.
Either wear gloves or bring hand sanitizer with you.
THE CLUBHOUSE WILL REMAIN CLOSED APART FOR ESSENTIAL ACCESS (Toilets and hand washing)
Bring any food or drink with you. Leave the club as soon as your session finishes and take all rubbish with you.
1) individuals playing bowls on their own or a single rink
2) Two individuals from two different households on a single rink. (No Marker)
3) Members of same household on a single rink.
SOCIAL DISTANCING MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES. MAXIMUM OF 2 PEOPLE ON ANY ONE RINK AT ONE TIME.
1) Only play on your designated rink. Rink markings must not be changed.
2) Maximum of 6 players on club premises at any one time.
3) No visitors or spectators.
1) Only one player should handle the mat during a session.
2) Bowls -do not touch your opponents bowls
3) Jack - 2 Jacks, one at each end and these should be set by one player.
4) Gloves may be worn
5) Scorecards should be maintained by one player.
6) Bowls lifter only used by one player.
7) Do not use Scoreboards, Pushers, 2M distance sticks, Chalk.
IN GENERAL WASH OR SANITISE HANDS AND ALL EQUIPMENT BEFORE AND AFTER USE. BRING SANITISING PRODUCTS WITH YOU.
6 MATS AND 6 JACKS WILL BE LEFT IN THE CLUBHOUSE> NO OTHER JACKS OR MATS SHOULD BE USED.
IF THERE IS NO-WAITING TO PLAY AFTER YOU PLEASE LOCK UP THE CLUB HOUSE.
TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE- Contact John, Bob, Ted or Janet for further information or check out the Bowls England Website.
Mens Captain: John Godfrey
Ladies Captain: Ann Webb
Fixtures Sectretary: Neil Buckley 0121 745 7358
Evergreen Captains: John Brayne 0121 430 8403
Alan Southall 0121 243 5643
BBA Captains: Bob Smith 0121 745 2209
Malcolm Evans 0121 608 5657
BDWBA Captain: Gill Maund 0121 706 1678